Sika-4 Rapid Setting is a ready to use liquid for accelerating the set time of concretes and renders where low water pressure or slow water movement exists.
Sika-4 Rapid Setting Product Description
Sika-4 Rapid Setting is used to aid the quick setting of cement based renders and concretes where low water pressure or slow moving water exists.
Sika-4 Rapid Setting is a ready to use quick setting leak stopping liquid which is mixed with water and ordinary portland cement to produce a paste for leak stopping against low water pressure infiltration.
- Ready to use.
- Quick setting
- Prevents cement wash out.
- Does not contain chlorides
- Excellent resistance to backwater pressure.
Areas for Use
- Rendering or concreting against low water pressures.
- For rendering or concreting in wet areas.
- Leak stopping against low water pressure infiltration.
- Where high water pressures are experienced, use – Sika-4a Waterstop.
- Setting times will be affected by ambient temperature, water and Sika-4 temperature, supplier and age of ordinary Portland cement. Trials are recommended varying the Sika-4/Water dosage, temperature and type of ordinary Portland cement until the required performance is achieved.
- Use only fresh ordinary Portland cement.
- Wear suitable protective clothing, gloves and eye protection.
Prepare surfaces by removing all loose material, dirt, moss and contaminants. Mechanically roughen surfaces to provide a key.