Parex Cable Grout
Parex Cable Grout is a specially formulated Portland cement powder mix designed for the grouting of cables in post-tensioned concrete for EN 446(2007) and CARES Appendix PT10 procedures.
The mix design consists of a blend of fine and ultra fine cements plus a set of synergistic admixtures. The grout powder is packaged in 20kg durable, moisture resistant bags ready for onsite mixing. The material readily mixes with water to produce a particularly fluid flowing grout which will penetrate and fill fine voids within and around the cables then harden without shrinking to give a high strength product.
Particular advantages of the product include quick and easy mixing with water producing a flowing mix which promotes penetration into confined spaces. The grout is shrinkage compensated and contains a powerful corrosion inhibitor to protect the cables.
Once hardened and cured, high compressive strengths are achieved giving resistance to static and dynamic stresses. Parex Cable Grout has a total chloride, sulphate and sulphide-ion content below that specified in EN 447 and CARES PT10.
- Grouting of cable ducts, voids and fine fissures.
- Support of cable anchor plates and ground anchors.
- To provide bearing or contact between structural elements.
- Grouting behind shafts and tunnel linings.
- Underpinning, loose floor and road slabs.StandardsCable Grout has been tested in accordance with the appropriate parts of the following Standards: EN445, EN446, EN447, EN196-1, EN196-3.CARES PT10 certificate number 080706 (copies available on request).
Grouting shall be carried out using 100 Newton Grout as manufactured by Parex Ltd. The product must be stored, handled and placed in accordance with the manufacturer’s instructions.
Parex Limited has an integrated business management system. This is externally accredited by UK CARES to BS EN ISO 9001:2015, BS EN ISO 14001:2015, BS ISO 45001:2018 and BES 6001.
Parex Ltd is CARES certified for the production and supply of pre-bagged grout material to appendix PT10 for use in post- tensioning systems.
Typical Grout Properties @ 20°C
Water content by weight 33% minimum to 35% maximum (6.6 to 7 litres per 20kg bag).
For more information on Parex Cable Grout click here