Sika® CarboShear L carbon fibre shear links are corrosion resistant, designed for strengthening concrete structures in shear and to anchor Sika® CarboDur® plates at their ends. They are part of the Sika® CarboDur® CFRP Strengthening System. Sika® CarboShear L shear links are bonded as external reinforcement using Sikadur®-30 epoxy resin based adhesive for normal, or Sikadur®-30 LP epoxy resin based adhesive for elevated temperatures during application. For fixing into the anchorage holes, Sika AnchorFix®-3+ can also be used.
Sika® CarboShear L may only be used by experienced professionals.
Sika® CarboShear L profiles are used to improve, increase or repair the performance and shear resistance of structures for:
Increased Load Carrying Capacity:
- Increasing the load capacity of beams.
- For the installation of heavier machinery.
- For changes in building use.
Damage to structural elements due to:
- Deterioration of the original construction materials
- Steel reinforcement corrosion
- Accidents (Vehicle impact, earthquakes, fire etc.)
Improvement of serviceability and durability:
- Reduced deflection and crack width
- Stress reduction in the steel reinforcement
- Improved fatigue resistance
Change of the structural system:
- Removal of walls and / or columns
- Removal of floor and wall sections to create access / openings
- Changed design philosophy
To repair design or construction defects such as:
- Insufficient / inadequate reinforcement
- Insufficient / inadequate structural depth
Characteristics / Advantages
- Tested anchorage system.
- Very high strength and durability
- Shear and bursting enhancement.
- Well defined anchoring.
- Low overall thickness, can be over coated.
- Easy transportation.
- Easy installation – no heavy handling and installation equipment.
- Outstanding fatigue resistance.
- Minimal preparation of the shear links is required.
- Minimal aesthetic impact