Free next working day delivery when ordered by midday
Sikaflex PRO 3 Purform
Sikaflex PRO 3 Purform is Sika’s new future proof polyurethane platform and giving us the tools to create better products with lower impact.
Sikaflex PRO 3 Purform has all the pieces for reliable and durable sealing. Sikaflex PRO 3 Purform offers superior mechanical properties combined with excellent weatherability and chemical resistance to master the daily movement and environmental impacts for years.
Horizontal and vertical interior and exterior joint sealing applications:
- Food industry
- Warehouse and production floor areas
- Sewage treatment plants
- Car parks
- Pedestrian and traffic areas
- High movement capability: +/-25 % (ISO11600) and ±50 % (ASTM C920)
- Fast development of mechanical properties
- High mechanical and chemical resistance
- High resistance to weathering
- Good durability
- Non-staining to a wide range of substrates
- Very low monomer content: no user safety training needed (REACH restriction 2023, Annex 17 entry 74)
- Bubble-free curing
- Good adhesion to most construction materials
What is Purform?
Purform is a revolutionary new polyurethane technology, developed by Sika chemists. It is a more sustainable and environmentally friendly alternative to traditional polyurethane based products.
Polyurethane is one of the key components of sealants and adhesives like those manufactured by Sika as it offers long lasting, reliable sealing and bonding even when exposed to adverse conditions such as chemicals, water or extremes of temperature.
Purform is a sustainable alternative to traditional polyurethane as it is better for both the environment and our health, thanks to its ultra-low VOC and low monomer content.
Using Purform in place of traditional polyurethane within two of our key products, Sikaflex Pro-3 and Sikaflex 11FC, future-proofs our products so we’re confident they’ll meet new health guidelines both now and in the future.
This comes without compromising on all important application and performance properties of these products, in fact the new formulation also offers improved strength and products which cure faster and last longer.