Sikaflex-11 FC+ is a one part, gun grade dual purpose adhesive and sealing compound of permanent elasticity. It is based on a special moisture cured polyurethane with an accelerated curing time.
Sikaflex-11 FC+ is designed as a joint sealant for vertical and horizontal joints, soundproofing of pipes between concrete and sheathing, caulking between partitions, seam sealing, sealing in metal and wood construction and for ventilation construction. Sikaflex-11 FC+ is designed as a multipurpose adhesive for indoor and outdoor bonding of window sills, thresholds, stair steps, skirting boards, base boards, crash protection boards, covering boards and prefabricated elements.
- Very good adhesion to most construction materials consistency.
- No need to grout the bonded areas
- Good mechanical resistance
- Good resistance to weathering
- Impact and vibration absorbing
- Very low emissions
- EMICODE EC1 PLUS R
- LEED® EQc 4.1
- SCAQMD, Rule 1168
- BAAQMD, Reg. 8, Rule 51
- ISEGA certificate for foodstuff area usage
Sikaflex-11 FC+ has a shelf life of 15 months from the date of production, if it is stored properly in undamaged, original, sealed packaging, and if the storage conditions are met.
Sikaflex-11 FC+ shall be stored in dry conditions, protected from directsunlight and at temperatures between +5 °C and +25 °C.
Sikaflex-11 FC+ is resistant to water, seawater, diluted alkalis, cement grout and water dispersed detergent.
Sikaflex-11 FC+ is not resistant to alcohols, organic acids, concentrated alkalis and concentrated acids, chlorinated (hydro-carbons) fuel. For detailed information please contact our Technical Service Department.
The substrate must be clean, dry, sound and homogeneous, free from oils, grease, dust and loose or friable particles. Paint, cement laitance and other poorly adhering contaminants must be removed. Sikaflex-11 FC+ adheres without primers and/or activators.
However, for optimum adhesion and critical, high performance applications, such as on multi-story buildings, highly stressed joints, extreme weather exposure or water immersion, the following priming and/or pre- treatment procedures shall be followed:
Non-porous substrates: Glazed tiles, powder coated metals, aluminium, anodised aluminium, stainless steel and galvanised steel have to be treated with a very fine abrasive pad and Sika® Aktivator-205 shall be applied using a clean towel. Before sealing allow a flash-off time of > 15 minutes.
All metal surfaces that are not mentioned above have to be treated with a very fine abrasive pad and Sika® Primer-3 N shall be applied using a clean brush or roller. Before sealing allow a flash-off time of > 30 minutes (< 8 hours).
PVC has to be pre-treated with Sika® Primer-215 applied with a clean brush. Before sealing allow a flash- off time of > 30 minutes (< 8 hours).
Porous substrates: Concrete, aerated concrete and cement-based renders, mortars, brick, and natural stone have to be primed with Sika® Primer-3 N applied with a clean brush. Before sealing allow a flash-off time of > 30 minutes (< 8 hours).
For detailed advice, please contact our Technical Service Department.
Note: Primers are adhesion promoters. They are neither a substitute for the correct cleaning of a surface, nor do they improve the strength of the surface significantly.
Application Method / Tools
Sikaflex-11 FC+ is supplied ready to use.
After the necessary substrate preparation, insert a suitable backing rod to the required depth and apply any primer if necessary. Insert a cartridge into the sealant gun and extrude Sikaflex-11 FC+ into the joint making sure that it comes into full contact with the sides of the joint and avoids any air entrapment.
Sikaflex-11 FC+ sealant must be firmly tooled against the joint sides to ensure adequate adhesion. It is recommended to use masking tape where exact joint lines or neat lines are required. Remove the tape within the skin time. Do not use tooling products containing solvents.
After substrate preparation, apply Sikaflex-11 FC+ in beads, strips or spots to the bonding surface in intervals of a few centimetres each.
Use hand pressure only to set the element to be bonded into position. If necessary, use adhesive tapes, wedges, or props to hold the assembled elements together during the initial curing hours.
An incorrectly positioned element can easily be unfastened and repositioned during the first few minutes after application.
Optimum bonding will be obtained after the complete curing of Sikaflex-11 FC+, i.e. after 24 to 48 hours at +23 °C for an adhesive thickness between 2 to 3 mm.
Cleaning of Tools
Clean all tools and application equipment immediately after use with Sika® Remover-208 and/or Sika® Top-Clean T. Once cured, residual material can only be removed mechanically.
- Elastic sealants may not be over painted because paints have a limited movement capability and thus will crack during joint movements.
- Colour variations may occur due to exposure to chemicals, high temperatures and/or UV-radiation (especially with the colour shade white). However, a change in colour is purely of aesthetic nature and does not adversely influence the technical performance or durability of the product. Before using on natural stone contact our Technical Service.
- Before using Sikaflex-11 FC+ on natural stone, please refer to our Technical Service Department for advice.
- Do not use Sikaflex-11 FC+ as a glass sealer, on bituminous substrates, natural rubber, EPDM rubber or on any building materials which might bleed oils, plasticizers or solvents that could attack the sealant.
- Do not use Sikaflex-11 FC+ to seal joints in and around swimming pools.
- Do not use Sikaflex-11 FC+ for joints under water pressure or for permanent water immersion.
- Do not expose uncured Sikaflex-11 FC+ to alcohol containing products as this may interfere with the curing reaction.