The Sika 8mm Meshed Membrane 2×20 is an 8 mm studded membrane incorporating a tough HDPE mesh lathing welded to the front face, allowing the direct application of various plaster finishes, adhesive ‘dabs’ and plasterboards.
- Internal fixing to masonry, stone or concrete walls
- Suitable for over-plastering/rendering with sand/cement or plaster
- Easy to cut, fix and seal
- The substrate remains visible through the clear membrane for precise fixing with specially profiled plugs
- Can be used for waterproofing brick vaults
- Impermeable to water, gas and water vapour
- Can be installed in conjunction with Sika® CD Channel and Pump System
- With studs facing the wall, fixing is carried out using Sika® Plaster Plugs.
- Drill a hole through the centre of the stud. Take care when drilling holes to avoid excessive masonry dust from falling behind the cavity drain membrane.
- Place the chosen plug (with Sika® Rope to seal for all underground waterproofing applications) into the hole and drive the fixing home with a rubber mallet or club hammer.
- Spacing between plug fixings should be no greater than 250-300 mm, to ensure a tight fix to the wall. However, this may vary depending on chosen finishes, dimensions of plasterboards and their exact application.
- Overlaps between the strips of membrane should be sealed using Sika® Plaster tape.
- Apply plaster/render finish.
- Refer to full installation guidelines available from our Technical Department.