Everbuild Firespan Intumescent Pads
Everbuild Firespan Intumescent Pads are designed to be used on the inside or outside of electrical socket boxes to maintain a fire and smoke barrier where service holes are cut into dry lining and all types of fire-rated boarding. High tack adhesion, pliable and mouldable, self-bonding.
These Intumescent Pads fit either internally, or externally on the back of electrical boxes. Remove the lining paper and second film from the pad. When using internally, fold the pad to the shape of the box first then press home firmly into the box working into the back and corners. When using externally, fold the pad around the back and sides of the socket when in situ. Press the edges of the pad together to form a continuous seal around the box. Ensure edges are brought firmly together to ensure complete coverage.
▪ Dry Lining systems
▪ Around metal or plastic socket boxes.
▪ Fire rated partition walls.
Characteristics / Advantages
▪ Maintains a fire and smoke barrier around sockets in drylining systems.
▪ Excellent acoustic properties.
▪ High tack adhesion, pliable and mouldable with excellent self bonding properties.
▪ Preformed shape to fit most common socket boxes